Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Look What I Made....


I originally saw these apothecary jars on Summer's blog. She is amazingly crafty. (She got the idea and instructions here) I haven't been crafty in a long time, but I loved these and wanted to make them badly. The biggest problem was that the nearest Hobby Lobby is west of Gettysburg, and neither Michaels nor A.C. Moore had the glass canisters. I did a google search of Shanty 2 Chic apothecary jars and found someone who had acquired their glass canisters at Home Goods. Hey, I have one of those close by! My first trip was not as successful as I would like, and after some help and guidance from Summer, I returned the Friday the monster storm came with measuring tape in hand to the pleasant surprise of a new shipment with just the right product. Hooray!!

The search for a snow shovel deterred the procurement of the remainder of my supplies, but I did eventually get there after digging out after the storm and made my jars. One jar is leaning (as you can see). I am not sure if it is the candlestick or the canister, but I still need to figure it out and see about fixing/replacing it, but I couldn't wait to put the pictures up, so here they are flawed and all.

I am still considering putting the jute around the lids, but we are trying them out solid black first.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Those are so cute! Awesome. :)

M and M said...

Great job!