Monday, February 14, 2011

Look What I Made

I am currently the Young Women's President in our ward at church. That makes me specifically the advisor to the Laurels (the girls who are 16-18). Last year, I was looking for an idea for a little something to make for my girls when they leave young women, and I fell in love with this bag pattern from Heather Bailey. I love that it gave me options for my don't come anywhere near me with a bow type girls to my very girly girls. Last summer, I made three as I had one girl graduate and go off to college and two leave to go live in England for three years.

I was at the fabric store last week getting fabric for a couple of projects I am working on, and I remembered these bags that I never blogged about. I looked briefly at fabric options for my two Laurels who will graduate this spring and who are awaiting college acceptance letters right now. I have found a few other things I like since last year, but I still love this bag best, so I will be doing two more sometime this Spring.

Here is the first one I did for my super cute tomboy of a girl:

Here is a slightly different option for her sister:

Here is the final one I made with the bow and everything. Experience paid off as I think it turned out the best of the three:

Ashley is modeling this one. Isn't she cute? :)


I have never been super crafty. I wish I was and that I had more natural talent for decorating. I would like to be able to make my house look more put together that way, but I can follow a pattern, and I enjoy it. Need a super cute idea for a gift? May I suggest this pattern or several others from Heather Bailey.

2 comments:

Shea said...

I love it!!! Adorable!

The Simpsons said...

thanks for sharing this idea! Savannah needs a church bag!