Friday, December 28, 2012

Watch Your Feet!!

We are fortunate to have many individuals who are talented when it comes to wood working in our family.  I have a bookcase and a pirate chest toy box from my stepfather.  The girls both have handmade cradles for their bitty babies from their Papa Jon (Trent's father).  Ashley has an amazing wizard staff from a Halloween costume in 2012 that Papa Jon carved and painted for her.  It clinched the win for her in a costume contest that year.  My girls' toy box was made by my late grandfather, and my stepfather's father has made jewelry boxes for both of my girls and a wheelbarrow for Jon.  Well, Owen's wheelbarrow arrived yesterday to much excitement and fanfare.  My stepfather actually did the work on this one as his father is recovering from some major surgery, but I love the tradition and the wheelbarrow is great.  It bears Owen's nickname.  We call him the Lord of Chaos, but Grandpa Norman has dubbed him Captain Khaos and has made sure that for the time being, he outranks his dad.  : )  We've already had lots of fun with the new wheelbarrow.  The only problem is that we need to watch our feet as Owen loves to get things going and run them back and forth across the house, and if you are in the way, knocking into you becomes part of the fun.








What can be as much if not more fun than a new personalized wheelbarrow?  A big box of packing peanuts to play in of course! 

1 comment:

Shea said...

I love that you have so many posts I need to catch up on. I have missed reading blogs! I love that Owen loves his new wheel barrow. The boys have since rediscovered theirs and it has been fun at home as well.