Tuesday, November 24, 2009

And Ashley Too

Almost two weeks ago, Ashley had her turn to go to the archery range with her dad. Actually, it was quite the whirl wind of a day. We started out the morning at the Native American festival at the local 4-H club where the kids made crafts, shot bows, and went canoeing. I forgot my camera, but when April takes pity on me and sends pictures, I am sure I will post them. Afterward, we went to a birthday party and then Ashley went to the range with her dad, one of her very best friends (Leonora) and Leonora's dad and sister. For having little experience so far, Ashley is a decent shot I have to say. This past weekend, this same group headed up to Lancaster to an archery store. Ashley shot on Trent's old re curve at the range there and nearly got a bull's eye. She was pretty excited.



This was just two days after her birthday. Our Ashley is now 9. When did that happen? She seems the same to me until I pull older pictures out. What a tall, leggy, imaginative fun girl she is. We, of course, love her immensely. We are not sure we love the alarm clock she received for her birthday though she absolutely does. She insists on setting it every school day, and it sounds like R2-D2 on a major caffeine kick. It rolls away after the first snooze, and I think it is hilarious that she will deliberately wait for it to go off again and roll off of her nightstand. The bottom picture shows the boots she just had to have. I guess she really is getting older. Sigh.


No comments: