Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Little Archer

I need to post about Halloween, but that will take more time than I have right now.

After some chatting with friends last weekend, Trent got out his compound bow and went and got some arrows etc. for it this past Saturday. It was nice to see him so excited about getting it out. At the same time, he tried to restring his old re curve, but they couldn't restring it anymore. Sooooooo, Trent bought a children's basic re curve for the kids to use.

After coming home, Trent headed out with Jon for the archery range not far from here. It is free (so cool) and very close. Ashley really wanted to go with her dad, but she was still recovering from the 3rd grade plague. Next time. Jon is still a little young for the whole thing, so he needed a lot of help. He is starting to get it though, and, according to Trent, he got at least one arrow off. He had a great time and wants to go again.

I guess we could argue we should have spent last Saturday raking leaves etc. as the weather was so spectacular. I am glad the boys got out to the archery range though. The picture above is the Japanese maple tree in our front yard. It is a late turner. While most trees are dropping their leaves copiously right now, it has just now fully turned and started dropping. I love the colors. When we are done with our time on the East Coast, I will always remember how much I love the fall here. It is a longer season than I remember fall being growing up, and it is just beautiful.

1 comment:

M and M said...

What a great outing! I bet Jon remembers it for a long time!