Thursday, January 17, 2008

Inclement Weather






I received an e-mail yesterday telling me that the LCS coffee (scheduled for Thursday night) was cancelled due to expected inclement weather. I knew there was an anticipated snow storm, but we have had several anticipated storms turn into not much. I thought it was a little strange to cancel before seeing what the end result would be. It didn't really matter though, because I couldn't go as Trent is busy writing his first submission of his research paper.



This morning at 6:35 as I was fixing Ashley's breakfast, the phone rang. I figured it was the instant alert system from her school. It was. School was cancelled due to inclement weather. I encouraged Ashley to go back to bed and as I headed back to bed myself, I laughed a little. It wasn't doing anything outside. The roads were dry. I have heard that they shut things down here at the slightest bit of ice or snow, but I thought this was a little silly. Well, Ashley couldn't sleep, so at 7:10, she got me back out of bed. I told her she couldn't wake Jon and Sami yet, so she watched some t.v. and ate. She informed me shortly after that it was snowing. Well at least there was now a reason for the inclement weather. Jon joined us around 7:30, and he and Ashley watched it snow from the window because I wouldn't let them outside yet. Last time it snowed here, it was barely a dusting and only lasted a few hours. I was bracing for their disappointment. It is my cynicism that was disappointed, however. By the time 9:00 came and the kids were all bundled up, there was around 2 inches of snow, and it is still snowing. Definately inclement weather and a snow day particularly, because things tend to shut down around here with the slightest sign of ice or snow.






Since Trent is obviously writing from home today, he got in on the fun for awhile too.


















4 comments:

M and M said...

Totally Cool!!! Like the blog and was a great way to see/download new pictures and hear the latest on what is going on!

Stay Warm!

megan said...

YAHOO! I am so excited for your blog!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Dad and Megan. With encouragement like that, I might have to take this seriously. Thanks for the link Megan.

Grandma Linda said...

Looks like fun was had by all - except maybe Mom who had to get everybody warmed up later!!!