Saturday, March 1, 2008

Why I Like Bunko

Friday night was Bunko night with the LCS club. I haven't been since the Halloween Bunko in October, so I thought I should get out and see some of the people I haven't seen since October. I didn't want to drive all the way out to West Charlottesville. I didn't want to miss family movie night with the kids. It was a particularly big favor to ask Trent to stay with the kids on this Friday (he very graciously did it). I had several other excuses. The bottom line is that I can be a hermit. However, once I get out, I really have a good time and am glad I went. This time was no exception. It was a lot of fun. Here is my brief list why I really do like going to Bunko.

1. The food. We all bring an appetizer, drink, or dessert depending on what we are assigned that month. The food is always great. This time, someone made crepes with fresh strawberries, nutella, and some cream cheese spread. It was so yummy. I ate two. Hey, so did nearly everyone else, and it was the only dessert I had.

2. The company. We talk constantly while we play. Assignments are coming in, and so it was fun to hear where everyone is going. It was also interesting to see who is staying. The company and the food are the reasons I go. I never win at Bunko, and I don't care. I told Maureen this when she was my partner for one round. Maureen takes her Bunko very seriously, and told me to stay away from her for the rest of the evening. Still, it is true.

3. I almost won as the biggest loser. It would have been the first time I won at Bunko. After 12 games, I had 11 losses. Because it was a Friday, the majority decided to play a third round (six games). My friend Lisa cursed me saying that I would now likely win every round. She was nearly right. I won 5 out of 6. Thanks a lot Lisa. You finally get your revenge for my missing book club when we discussed The Tender Bar.

4. The drive home. I get to drive Trent's fun little car. I get to listen to my MP3 player the whole way, AND on the way home, I got to drive by the Charlottesville Volvo dealership and check out all the shiny silver Volvos. Now, if that wasn't worth the drive to West Charlottesville in and of itself, I don't know what was. (Some of you know what I mean. If you don't, you haven't read Twlight.)

1 comment:

Shea said...

Ok..I have no idea what Bunko is!!! I have a friend that wanted to start a game night playing that, but it never went further than "hey, we should do it." Anyways..I'm glad you had a good time. It is always nice to get out for a bit!