Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dilemma?

We have been going through bouts of stomach virus this week at our house. Ashley was sick Tuesday and Wednesday, and Jon was really bad yesterday. Thursday night, when Jon vomited (for the first time anyhow), he did so all over his bed including on his down pillow. A few years ago now, the last time someone vomited all over a down pillow, I had it dry cleaned. They did a wonderful job, but it cost more to clean the pillow than I paid for it given that I bought those pillows on sale and in bulk (if you count 4 as bulk).

I actually put a lot of stock in the whole reduce reuse recycle thing. That leads to my dilemma. Do I pay more than it would cost to replace the pillow to have it dry cleaned so that I don't throw it out, or do I just throw it out and replace it this spring when they go on sale again? Hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

M and M said...

Bummer that everyone is sick! Does the pillow need overall cleaning or just spot cleaning? Here is a website on cleaning down pillows.
http://www.down-bedding-delights.com/cleaning-down-pillows.html

Tiffany said...

Thanks. You are the great source of much useful information!