Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to School

This Tuesday was the first day back to school after what has felt like a very long summer. The kids got out of school on May 22 and since then we have been house hunting, house buying, moving out, going to Utah, moving in, getting unpacked and so forth.


Sammy very much wanted to go to school as well. I think I may have found a preschool for her, but that is another post (hopefully).


After I registered the kids at their new school, I received the supply lists for each grade. I complained in years past, but Ashley's list this year tops it all for me. I am tempted to type the whole thing out, but I think the pictures below give the idea. Jon's list was much more tame.


Jon's supplies labeled and laid out



Jon's supplies close up


The rest of Jon's supplies close up


Ashley's supplies labeled and laid out

Ashley's supplies close up


Rest of Ashley's supplies close up (some overlap with above.)


Look how loaded down she is.

My cute kids ready to go to school

We live just under a mile from the school. This means we are walkers/car riders. Jon was briefly disappointed about not taking the bus, but that left quickly when he learned we got to walk. In fact, because I am fairly certain Sammy couldn't do the full mile each way quite yet, and because it is more fun, we drive and park in front of our friends, the Krajewski's, house and join them and others and walk from there (1/4 mile each way). We are quite a mob, but it is a lot of fun.

Meeting up with the group



Ready to GO!

Sammy and her friend Andy (and JAK in the stroller). Sammy and Andy are both 4 and made fast friends on the way to school. They held hands and told jokes the whole way. It was cute.


The whole group that walked together on the first day. This picture is only missing 2 girls who have joined us. It is a better picture than the ones I took



I have filled out countless forms this week and have a few phone calls to make, but everything seems to be going well. The school is a very good one, and the community seems great. I especially like that there are 4 first grade classes vs. 10 and 4 third grade classes vs. 13.

2 comments:

M and M said...

Tha's cool that there is such a large group walking to school together! Sammy should be able to do the 2 mile round trip, she walked that far a few years ago to the falls and back.

Tiffany said...

I don't think the distance is the problem with Sammy so much as the heat and more specifically the humidity combined with the distance. She gets a little whiny about it.