Saturday, August 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home

What a very full summer it has been, and I have a lot of updating to do. In the mean time, I wanted to post quickly that we are on to what I call phase 3 of the summer, which means we are now finally and officially in our home. After a fair amount of adventure, we closed on our house on the 24th of July. This is the place? Hmmmm. Anyhow, Trent took off the next day for a business trip to London, and a week later, he was in our house. The next day, the kids and I flew back from Utah and joined him. Our things were delivered Monday. Now we are deep in the process of unpacking ALL those boxes, finding places for everything (a task that is sometimes easy and other times requires some creativity). What a wonderful feeling it is this time to look at our closet and think it is not a particularly efficient use of space and work on fixing it rather than working around it. Our new home has character (is older), is cozy (is small in many ways), but we really like it. Trent is out this morning jogging around the parkway which is a road that forms a loop around the middle of the area we live in. The parkway is exactly a 5K, so it is very popular for walking, jogging, biking etc. I am lounging in my pjs at the laptop pretending for a moment that I don't have dozens of boxes still to unpack and even more reorganizing to go. That moment is quickly coming to an end, however, and I am off to put on some clothes and get to work.

Summer update and pictures to follow later.

5 comments:

M and M said...

Post some pictures of your house when you get some time!

Tiffany said...

Roger. Will do.

M and M said...

I'm so excited for you all. Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures! Muriel/Grammy

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

Glad to hear you have at least gotten moved in - though I don't envy the unpacking/organizing thing. Good luck!

Shea said...

Yay! How horrible am I. You posted this a bit ago and I am just commenting. I am so excited for you, and I second your dad! I can't wait to see pictures!