Friday, August 21, 2009

Frequent Visitors








I don't think our current neighborhood will be anything like Lake Monticello for various critters wandering through our yard. However, we have noticed some repeat visitors in the past 2 1/2 weeks. The black butterfly actually only came once or twice. The yellow one has been almost a daily visitor. The kids love to go out and "play" with it. It will fly off and come back or fly around their heads. It has been really fun. With the blossoms rapidly shedding to the ground, I think we will soon loose these visitors.
We also have little rabbits who travel through and eat our lawn. Every time I have attempted to get a photo, they get spooked and hop away. The kids LOVE seeing the "bunnies." They are cute, but I worry a bit. I was thinking of trying a small garden next spring. Rabbits will be an interesting obstacle.

5 comments:

M and M said...

Very Cool!

Tony and Amanda said...

Tiff, I have a question for you since you are the history major. I have been in this on going battle(not in a bad way, I just need to prove him wrong) with my father in-law. When was the bill passed that a president cannot run for more than two terms in a presidency? If this doesn't make sense let me know.

Thanks-

ME!

M and M said...

Since the presidency of George Washington, only one thing could be said to be totally consistent — that no President had the job for more than two full terms. Washington had been asked to run for a third term in 1796, but he made it quite clear that he had no intention of doing so; that an orderly transition of power was needed to set the Constitution in stone. And so it was for almost 150 years. The election of Franklin D. Roosevelt to a fourth consecutive term, and his sudden death a few months later, gave rise to a successful move in Congress to restore the two-term tradition in the Presidency. The 22nd Amendment passed Congress on March 21, 1947. After Truman won a second term in 1948, it was ratified on February 27, 1951, the Twenty-Second Amendment states that "no person shall be elected to the office of President more than twice..."

Tiffany said...

Amanda, it was a Constitutional amendment. Otherwise, all information that you want is already posted without me explaining. Thanks Dad / Muriel.

Tony and Amanda said...

Well I see where you get your interest in history from. Lol. That was a great explaintion from Mike or Muriel(whoever posted it). Thanks for the answer I will be letting my father in-law know. :)