Saturday, December 5, 2009

There are Games Afoot

Jon lost another tooth at school on Friday. I should take a picture and post it. He now has one top front tooth gone and one bottom side tooth gone. It is adorable really. That is not really the point though.

He brought his tooth home in a little treasure chest the school nurse supplied. Being Friday, we had movie night, and Jon, as he nearly always does on a Friday night, asked to have a sleepover with his sisters. He either sleeps on the floor between their beds or on the bottom of one of their beds. Last night was the later on Ashley's bed. We made sure he put his tooth under his pillow. After that, Jon and Ashley were talking quietly, and it seemed they were plotting something.

I set my alarm for 11:30 when I went to bed. They should be out by then. When I crept upstairs and peeked in the door, Ashley sat up and started looking around. I went downstairs and set the alarm for another hour and a half later. On the second trip, I was extra quiet but the same thing happened. Needless to say, the tooth fairy did not make a visit last night. Jon is trying for another shot tonight in his own bed. I told Jon that I thought Ashley and I created too much noise for the tooth fairy and that we would have to try again tonight. I also talked to them about trying to catch the tooth fairy, which I suspect is what was going on (you see, the toothfairy can fly you to the North Pole). Jon confessed that Ashley had devised just such a plan. Ashley insists that Jon is just saying that. After the plotting I saw and the uncharacteristic jumpiness last night coupled with the fact that I know Jon regularly tattles on himself, I think they were indeed trying to catch the tooth fairy. I can't say for certain though, because Jon has given a false confession in the past.

We had a good snow fall today, and they played in it this afternoon. That coupled with a long day of fun and all children in their own beds should mean they are all fast asleep and we can try again in another half hour. The games are afoot!

3 comments:

Shea said...

Tiff..that is too funny! Did the tooth fairy ever make it into Jon's room?!

Tiffany said...

Yes. Tooth fairy delivered the next night.

Monica Lawver said...

Hilarious! That's the Ashley we know and love.