Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School

Hey, I'm doing something on time on this blog. Perhaps I really am getting back to it.

Today was the first day back to school. It almost seemed to come in a rush. We were all prepared. It just seemed to all of a sudden be here.

This year, Ashley is in 5th grade, so she can ride her bike to school. She is also a safety, which means she has to be to school a little bit early so that she can get her stuff inside and get to her post, which happens to be one of the crosswalks. Therefore, she now leaves us early. She gets on her bike and rides to her friend Abby's house, and they ride to school together since they are both safetys. It felt a little strange just sending her off this morning, but I guess it is a peek at what is to come as next year she will be in middle school and not even going to the same school with the others.

Sammy is so excited to be a 1st grader, and Jon is excited to, "finally be in second grade," and to have one of his very best friends in his class. I couldn't be happier about how Jon's class looks and about what teacher he got. Hopefully that will stay the same all year.


Hey, how about some pictures?




Last first day of Elementary School




Off she goes




My friend Marnea got this when Ashley stopped to join Abby.





She is so excited to go back to school.



My second grader.



The walking group. We've gained a couple and lost a few.



Jon and his best friend Mason



Ashley in her crosswalk. Tomorrow she gets her safety belt. Maybe I will get another picture.



Oh, and here are pictures from back to school last year, which I shamefully never posted. I am including these for those of you who, like me, enjoy seeing how much the kids have or haven't changed.






The kindergartners actually meet their teachers the first two days and then do staggered starts the rest of the week. They then all go together the following Monday. This was Sammy on her first official day of Kindergarten.




With her teacher after she told me to "GO!"




Our walking group




At school.













No comments: