Thursday, October 2, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip

My friend Megan posted this recipe a while ago, and then Nicole posted it as well. It has been sitting in the back of my mind. So, for bunko last week, I tried it. It was a HUGE hit. Of course it was. It was from Megan. Anyhow, it is easy and yummy, and for those who may have not seen it yet, here it is:

2 10oz. cans chunk chicken, drained
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use the 1/3 less fat stuff. It might change the consistency somewhat, but it was fine by me)
1 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar

celery
tortilla chips

Heat chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, and ranch dressing over medium heat. Add 1/2 (3/4 cup) of the cheddar. Stir until all melted. Transfer to crock pot or slow cooker and top with remaining cheddar. Keep on lowest heat and serve with tortilla chips of choice and celery sticks.

I REALLY like the celery sticks with this as I think if you use a chip that is too salty, it isn't as good, but that is just me. I used multi-grain tortilla chips, and I liked that.

Also, for those who might want it spicier (I can think of a few), you could increase the Frank's sauce. That would change the consistency though. You could also use some dry cayenne. That should work fine I would think. For most people, it is just spicy enough.

5 comments:

Shea said...

I may have to try this! It sounds yummy!

megan said...

Glad it was a hit and that you liked it. I, too, like it with the celery.

Summer said...

This sounds so good! Can't wait to try it! So...its not too hot then?

Tiffany said...

No, not too hot. I like spicy food though. It has a little spice to it. It is buffalo afterall, but it isn't hot enough to make you cry or anything like that. Very pleasant. My friend Paulette compared it to eating buffalo wings with no bones.

Lily said...

We always use canned chicken in our Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! It tastes delcious and saves big time on prep time. I highly recommend using ONLY a brand name like Swanson Chicken (I work with them so I know that their product is made with only white meat) anything else really isn't worth it! Happy munching...