Monday, October 27, 2008

Thomas Jefferson Parkway

Last Wednesday, the LCS Club walking and hiking group walked the Saunders-Monticello trail which starts at the top of the Thomas Jefferson Parkway. It was a rescheduled walk. We were rained out the Friday before. I am so glad that Lisa rescheduled this. I have walked parts of the trail before, but I have always wanted to do the whole thing. It is 4 miles round trip. The trail goes from the top of the Thomas Jefferson Parkway and ends in the parking lot for Monticello. Sami went with me and though I had the jogging stroller, she walked most of it. In fact, the 3 and 4 year old girls who came along ran at least a mile of the return route. They were having a great time. It really was beautiful and nice exercise.

There they go


Here they (Sami, Piper, Bella, and Louisa) come!

The whole group. I would like to note how brave I am for posting this picture considering how awful it is of me. Also, the sun is just glaring off of Maureen's jacket.






No comments: