Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thoughts on 24

AS ALWAYS, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE AND DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.



First of all, I have seen a lot of twists coming, but I did not see Tony doing some freelance bad guy thing coming AT ALL! Also, what was up with the slow suffocating? Couldn't he let the other guy shoot him and be done with it? I am not sure I get that at all. I am still so surprised that I don't know whether to applaud the show for some genius or to consider not watching it anymore because Tony is bad.

This leads me to three questions. The first is whether or not Tony really is bad. I guess he has to be. He killed Larry Moss and took a canister of the stuff. The second is are Seaton and Tony working together. Seaton broke Tony out of Starkwood and made it look like he was working against Hodges. It seems to me that Hodges did not plan this with Seaton ahead of time but praised him for it later. Could Tony and Seaton have planned this before? My last question is: will Tony Almeida go the way of Nina Myers when Jack figures it all out?

On another tack. I know Larry Moss was just starting to be almost likable, but I had to laugh at his speech to Tony about how taking him into custody was poor payment for all he had done that day even though Tony had confessed to doing some pretty bad stuff. He spent better than half of this season hating Jack, not trusting Jack, and working against Jack because of what he had done previously. Ironic that the guy he felt so badly about is the one that MURDERED him. It was also kind of ironic that he was o.k. with a covert op against Starkwood all of a sudden though he fought against any and all rule breaking up until now.

Final comment: Where the heck is Chloe? Janice is driving me nuts. I want Chloe back.

5 comments:

M and M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M and M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M and M said...

Third time is the charm. Darn misspelling!

Consider this, maybe Larry isn't really dead, hence the supposed slow suffocating. If he was shot by the other guy, he would be dead. Maybe Tony and Larry are working together and had planned this, therefore Tony is not the bad guy? Remember from the begining the guy who was shooting everyone and escaped was close to Tony. This may be Larry and Tony's plan to catch the rest of bad guys :)

I don't like the Janice character either. Wouldn't surprise me if she turns out to be a bad person as well.

Like I saw on a t-shirt the other day "If you woke up this morning, It's beacause Jack Bauer spared your life"

Tiffany said...

ooooh. I like that theory. I am still holding out for some kind of developed anti-toxin cure sort of thing for Jack. After all, Keifer has one more year on contract. :)

megan said...

I like how you think Tiff. Good thoughts. And I agree with you about Chloe...she is much better than Janice. I was really bugged by her public service announcement at the end of the show before the previews for next week. What's the deal? Was she high or something or is she just really that weird?