Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Sami!

This Sunday was Samantha's 3rd birthday. It is hard to believe that she is that old sometimes. We had a quiet day for the most part, but she loved it all. We are getting her "big girl" bed but haven't settled on what exactly we are getting. I might post about that when I get it together. For the most part, she just loved opening her gifts, looking at cards, and telling everyone it was her birthday. She has also been asking for a butterfly birthday cake since Jon's birthday. (Thanks for the links to look at and steal from Mom) She was really excited to be the person we sang to and to blow out the candles. It was cute. Looking back, the memory that is still strongest about that day (the actual day she was born that is) is my friends Megan and Jill saving me. Thank you again both of you. I am grateful to have such wonderful friends. Here are a few pictures of the day.

The cake

Blowing out the candles. I still can't figure out why she insisted on being so far from the cake. She is usually right in the middle of everything!

4 comments:

Shea said...

Sorry this is late, but Happy Birthday Sammi!! I love the cake..I can't believe how big she is getting!!

megan said...

She is so grown up! I can't believe it!

mode36 said...

Very late, and happy birthday Sammi!  Hope you had a great birthday!  Great job on the cake, Tiff!

M and M said...

Cool cake!