Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th

Hope you all had a great 4th of July. Ours was quiet, but we still had a great time. I do hope that if you went for fireworks, yours were better than in the rain and through the trees though. A couple of quotes for the occassion:

(To the tune of My Country Tis of Thee or God Save the Queen/King):


King George, he had a date.
He stayed out very late.
He was the king.
Queen Mary paced the floor.
King George stayed out 'till four.
She met him at the door.
God save the King.

And a little more um reverent I suppose:

"No, posterity, you will never know how much it cost us to preserve your freedom. I hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it." -John Adams



Again, Happy 4th of July, the 232nd anniversary of the birth of this nation, and the 182nd anniversary of the deaths of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.

4 comments:

Shea said...

I love the picture of my cute nieces & nephew!

mode36 said...

That picture is cute.  I also love what you did with your blog, looks great!  Sorry the fireworks were less than spectacular!

Tiffany said...

thanks. Fireworks were fine. It is our own fault for where we sat I guess. It isn't like there aren't trees all over the place though. We still had fun.

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
Happy 4th! Love the BLOG! I have not had the time to get on your blog in a while... work has been nuts but it is over in 5 weeks. I would absolutely LOVE to reconnect!! Have time for an "Old Friend"?? Miss you and the kids TONS :-)