Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Really Tasty Treat

I think I mentioned that blackberries are in season here. Yum!! Peaches are also in season. The kids and I went up to Carter Mountain Orchard on Monday and picked some peaches. Except for all the bug bites, Jon's fear of heights, and the huge bee that surprised him when he was helping me pick, it was a GREAT time.

I went to the farmer's market to get some fresh blackberries yesterday and then attempted this recipe for Peach Blackberry Cobbler. It was very very yummy. Ashley doesn't like it because of the blackberry seeds. I had a couple of people over for a RS activity last night, and they all liked it, so I wouldn't take Ashley's dislike as a deterent.

One note though: The recipe calls for 3Tbs. lemon juice. I only used 1. I think the blackberries are plenty tart as it is.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I have always wanted to go to an orchard and pick fresh fruit. That's cool you got to do that! Nothing tastes better! Sounds like fun!