Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Little Something





We have a small farmer's market here on Tuesday afternoons. It is fun to go right now, because you can get some really good stuff for a good price. Blackberries are in season, and I can get a quart for $4 instead of a pint for the same price at the grocery store. Also, tomatoes are coming into season, and we can get some great tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes for less than $2 a lb.

There are a couple of Menonite ladies who come most weeks. They often have bread and cookies for sale. My kids love that, and it is perfect, because a bag of 3 cookies costs $1. Right now, one of the Menonite ladies is selling handmade rag rugs. They are really well made and very attractive. The pictures don't do them justice to be honest. I have been eyeing them for a week or two. This week I bought one. $25. I am very pleased, and I like it in my kitchen.

No comments: