Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Trent Report / Another Uniform




Trent's deployment means we add yet another uniform (well uniforms I guess given that he has more than one desert uniform). I was sewing the insignia on the other night and talked to a Coast Guard acquaintance about re striping his bravo jacket and tux with his new rank the other day. This got me thinking about how many uniforms he has. There is the uniform he wears most days here at the JAG School, the ODUs (Operational Duty Uniform). It also has an impressive parka for the winter.


There are the trops, which he wore most every day in California. It also has a sweater to wear in cool weather and it's own jacket.



His Bravos for Court and other occasions



His dress whites



and a tux that he has most of the pieces but not all of yet and hasn't had to wear yet but will to the next formal event of any kind now that he is a Lt. Commander.

Now, I am sure this really isn't that many uniforms if I compare it to suits and shirts and ties and all of that that he would wear otherwise. It just feels like it. I also don't want to sound ungrateful, because the Coast Guard outfitted him with his desert uniforms for which I am very grateful. It is just kind of fun and funny to catalog them all.

Oh, I almost forgot, each uniform has required shoes and cover (hat). Therefore, he has 4 different pair of shoes and 6 different covers.

I guess we should consider this menagerie of uniforms the first Trent report. I will try and keep an update every now and again of how he is doing for those interested.

14 comments:

M and M said...

Has he left the States yet or is he in training?

Does the desert camo help him blend in with the Embassy offices ;-)

Tiffany said...

Funny, I am not sure what is supposed to blend into.

He is still in the states.

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

Wow! That is a lot of uniforms!

Tony and Amanda said...

Hi Tiff, I saw your comment on my blog about the pictures. I'm sure that you will get to see my wedding pictures one day. Are you planning on coming out here anytime soon? The boys were lots of fun of course. It was a very fun night. I hope all goes well with trent leaving. I'm sure he will be fine though.

Tony and Amanda said...

That would be sweet. You will have to come and see my house. If you have time, i'm sure you'll be way busy with everyone else wanting to see you too.

Shea said...

Wait, you are coming!?! I saw on Amanda's page!!! I didn't know that..I hope we are on your list of people to see! We sure want to see you all. We miss you!

(Yeah..I'm a snoop and read other peoples comments)

Tiffany said...

We are planning on coming out this summer. I suppose there is always the posibility it won't work out, but I think we shouldn't have a problem. Trent took 3 weeks last summer and still lost some leave in October. By the time he leaves CLAMO, he will probably have over 70 days still. You can't keep more than 60 come October 1. We are hoping to burn a month this summer.

Of course you are someone I want to see. The wonderful thing is is that I KNOW you are someone I will see.

It isn't snooping to read the comments. That is what they are there for right?

Shea said...

Good point on the snooping :) It is always fun to read what others write and have to say!

Yay..I hope it works out! We really miss you all. The boys saw your picture you send in your Christmas card and they keep asking when they can see their cousins. They are just barely starting to understand that you live far away.

Shea said...

I meant to say SENT in your Christmas card. It is early.

M and M said...

Trent looks very handsome in his uniforms--especially the dress whites :-) Muriel

Tiffany said...

I think so too! Thanks Muriel.

Mark and Jana said...

Tiffany,

Jana and I really enjoying your blog and the adventures that you and your family are having with the many interesting places that Trent's career takes your family. We are huge fans of the JAG show that is on TV and wonder often if it is an accurate portrayal of what it may be like for somebody in that profession.
I think that it would be cool if we could have a family party when you come to visit. If we did then you would have an opportunity to meet Jana, my beatiful and amazing wife.

Mark

Mark and Jana said...

P.S. It was cool to see the different uniforms that Trent has and know that he arrived to his destination safely.

Tiffany said...

Mark, I would love to meet Jana. We are hoping to be in Utah this summer, so perhaps we will have that exact opportunity. I like reading your blog to and keeping up.

In regards to JAG the t.v. show, my friend Lisa (her husband is Army JAG)was once asked if it was like the t.v. show. She responded that it was exactly like that only her husband is better looking. I will give you the same response but add some things are similar sure, but your typical JAG does not fly airplanes, and the show is, of course, very dramatized.