Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hiding Places



My kids all have their favorite hiding places. Sami's favorite place to hide is in the back of the closet in her and Ashley's room behind the stuffed animal and shoe cubbies with the stack of bigger stuffed animals.


On Monday night, we were looking for her to put her in bed, and we couldn't find her anywhere. Usually if I can't find Sami at bed time, I go into the girls' room and call her name. She then answers, "I'm in here," from her hiding place in the closet. This time she didn't answer. Trent and I both looked in the closet first and then started searching the house and backyard for where she could have gone. Knowing that the closet is her favorite and that she was very sleepy, I tried the closet again. Sure enough, we had both looked right at her and missed her the first time. In her pajamas, she blends right in with the stuffed animals. Keep in mind that it was dark as well. You have the benefit of a flash in these pictures. Anyhow, she had crawled into her favorite cubby and fallen asleep. I would say that this will teach me to look more carefully in the future. If I am being honest, however, I would likely make this same mistake again. I've done it with the other two and their hiding places as well. Do all kids do this, or is it just mine?


4 comments:

Shea said...

I LOVE this blog. I can totally relate..I'm not sure what it is with kids and closets, but ours love them too!

I'm not sure what happened yesterday on Qwest Messenger, but it wouldn't let me sign back in..it kept kicking me out. I will have to try again today to see if I can catch you.

Katie said...

So cute! I have some great pictures of Megan sleeping in all sorts of random places, and I treasure them!

Bubbles said...

Totally cute!! She's growing up so fast! Hey, I stole your "what you're currently reading" idea for my blog. Hope you don't mind!

Tiffany said...

Don't see how I could mind. I stole it from Megan.