Friday, February 15, 2008

New Furniture!!





On Thursday, our new sofa and love seat were delivered. This is the first set of living room furniture we have had since we got married that was not hand-me-downs. I am grateful that we were so fortunate as to have the previous hand-me-downs. I am also so happy to have something new that we picked out.



Our last sofa and love seat (in addition to being previously owned) did not make the journey from California to Virginia well. We knew they didn't have a lot of life left in them as it was. As we put everything together, though, we figured out quickly, that we couldn't even get the legs back in the front of the sofa. Trent, the awesome boyscout that he is, came up with the telephone book idea. As a result, from Aug. 1 until Feb. 14, our sofa was standing on two legs and four telephone books. I take some weird kind of pride in that makeshift solution until we could get new furniture. It is kind of almost like MacGyver. O.k. not really.



We told the kids that there would be new rules with the new furniture. We then quickly corrected ourselves and told them that they would have the same rules but that we would be much better enforcers. If only it were that easy for our elected officials. Hmmmmm. Anyhow, I am very very happy. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that I don't care for how much the accompanying throw pillows blend in with the upholstery on the sofa and love seat. I am thinking of finding some material I like and making new covers. If only my friend Megan were closer. She is truly creative.

3 comments:

Shea said...

VERY NICE!! I love them! We really need a new couch too. Ours has huge holes all over the cushions! The boys love to pull out the white fluffy stuffing, but if they keep doing it, we won't have anything left to sit on!

I love the phonebook solution..very creative!

Tiffany said...

I recommend couch covers. We used some on our first couch and love seat for years. They aren't always ideal, but they do the job

megan said...

I LOVE IT! It looks so great!