Sunday, November 9, 2008

Apple Crisp

I was looking to make apple crisp last Sunday. We had some granny smith apples from the orchard that I needed to use up, and as Trent needed to get to work on his paper revisions, apple crisp was faster than pie. I came to find that I don't have an apple crisp recipe, so I went looking online. There are a lot of good ones out there. Many have oats and nuts and lots of good stuff. I wanted the basic thing with basic ingredients being that is what I had on hand. I found this one, and it is excellent! I love that the bottom is just apples. The top is sweet enough without needing to add extra to the apples. It is exactly the traditional apple crisp you think of. If you need a really basic and simple recipe for this fall, give this one a try.

2 comments:

Summer said...

YUM!! That looks really good! I can't wait to try it! I love this time of year when you get to eat tons of all the fall desserts!

Shea said...

I think this sounds yummy! Thanks..I will have to give it a shot 8)