Sunday, November 9, 2008

Official and Official-ish Celebrations

As of Nov. 1, Trent was officially a Lieutenant Commander. So, to celebrate, we took off for a drive to Shenandoah to see all the leaves. With the Domestic Operations Course over, it seemed like a little R&R was in order. It was probably a week past peak, but we still thought it was absolutely beautiful.



Friday was Trent's actual promotion ceremony. Colonel Block did an awesome job summing up what a great person Trent is. I was impressed. Colonel Block also noted that with Trent's promotion, he has now promoted someone from every branch of the armed services. I had my camera, but there were no real picture taking opportunities I am afraid. Since I helped pin on his new shoulder boards, I couldn't take those pictures. There was a video, and we will have it. I doubt I will post it to the blog though. It is too long. Anyhow, the picture below was taken afterward in our front yard. I either had to crouch or take my boots off. The heels made it so that my head got cut off in the shot. Kind of funny at the time.

4 comments:

Monica Lawver said...

Congratulations! I don't exactly know what that ranking means, since I only know Air Force rankings, but it sure sounds important. Seems like you might be on the career track? After Tim finishes his residency and/or fellowship training, the AF will PCS us to its location of choice (Travis AFB please oh please), where we will spend the duration of our 4 year committment. Then, we say our farewell to the military and settle in the SF Bay Area. Until then, I will be strong!

Tiffany said...

Thanks. In Air Force/Army/Marine ranks, Trent is now a Major. This means he can now integrate, and yes, we intend on doing our 20.

M and M said...

Congratulations Trent!!!

The kids matching with green outfits was cute

Shea said...

Congrats Trent!!!

I'm with M & M..love the matching outfits! You look great too, Tiff!