Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashley

Ashley turned 8 on Wednesday. She has been so excited that it was hard not to be excited with her for this birthday. As soon as she woke up, she wanted to open her presents. What? Your kids don't go immediately to opening presents in their pajamas?

She really does read the cards. She got The Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD and before she even realized what it was, Jon was jumping and calling out, "I want that!"

Raggedy Andy! Now Raggedy Anne isn't a loner. Sometimes I wonder how that girl fits in her bed with all the stuffed animals she piles on.

Later in the day I took treats in for her class. She didn't want cupcakes this year, because she, "ALWAYS has cupcakes." After a few ideas, we settled on baking brownie batter in ice cream cones and then frosting them with stabilized whipped cream. The entire time I was making them, I worried about transporting them. Obviously the idea was not completely thought out. I did manage to get them to school with virtually no disaster, which was amazing. The rain on the whipped cream as I was running into the school wasn't such a good thing, but it didn't wreck anything. Ashley was very happy with it, so that was that.

Saturday was party day. Originally, we were going to have a Spiderwick birthday party, but Ashley changed her mind. Then, we were going to go to the orchard. It is a good thing we settled on a small party at home. It poured on and off all day long. I had ordered some journal projects back when it was a Spiderwick party to use as field guides, so the girls made journals and girled them up.

Then, they played Hullabaloo and had a great time.

Time for cake and presents.



Now we just have to finish getting over this sickness and prepare for our visit from Grandma and Grandpa Warner and Aunt Katie for Ashley's baptism on the 22nd. Sami was sick on Tuesday and a bit on Wednesday morning. We thought it was done with that. Saturday, Trent started feeling ill and stayed locked in our room for the duration of the party as a result. Saturday evening Jon got sick. Ashley decided to join the group on the way home from church today. I hope everyone gets better as fast as Sami and Jon, who is already feeling better, did. I really don't like it when everyone is sick.

8 comments:

megan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!

Shea said...

I can't believe Ashley is already 8 years old. Glad to hear the party turned out & I love the journal idea. How cute is that?!

I hope everyone is feeling better soon..I'm with you. I hate it when everyone gets sick!

P.S. You are amazing..I have made those very same brownies in an ice cream cone for a bake sale. Mine did not transport well at all! What as your trick!?

Jill said...

Such a cute idea with the brownies! Glad to hear the party went well. Happy Birthday Ash!

Bubbles said...

Sounds like a really fun party! When is she getting baptized?

Tiffany said...

Shea, as far as traveling. I put as many as I could without squeezing so tight they were tipping over into a tupperware that is just smaller than a 13x9. Sorry I am not going to measure it. That fit 15. I put five more in a tupperware bowl that fit them pretty snuggly. The bowl I put on the floor of the passenger side with clean towels wrapped around it to keep it stable. I held the other on the passenger seat with one hand as much as possible when I drove. The wobbled a bit, but in the end, it was still fine. On the way home, the 3 I had left were a disaster, because they had room to fall over, which was what I was worried about.

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

8 years old! Wow! How time flies! Looks like the party was a great hit! I love the ice cream cone brownies! You are WAY too creative for me!

M and M said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! Looks like your party was a success and everyone had fun.

Never heard of tried a brownie cone

Tony and Amanda said...

Hi Tiff, it's your cousin Amanda. I am trying to create my own blog so i can keep in better touch. Let me know if you get this. I am kind of blog stupid.