Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another Edition to the Critter Watch



Since moving here, we have had several critter visitors. We have had deer, squirrels, lizards, racoons (a mom and 4 babies), a fox, and now a frog (I think it might be a toad, but I didn't touch it to find out). It has been fun, for the most part, watching them all. This week, we have had another to add to the list. Actually, this is the second frog to appear in our screened in porch and have to be rescued and returned to the trees etc. I didn't get a picture of the other one though. Amazingly enough, both frogs/toads ended up in the same corner of the porch hopping hopelessly against the same bit of screen trying to get out. Luckily Trent was home both times to capture and save them. I am sure I could have done it if I needed to, but I can also tell you that it would have been much more involved than using a cloth or gloves and catching it in my hands. I know, I am such a girl. Thanks Trent.




I should note, that our critter list is nothing compared to my Dad's. Having been to his house is why I am not one of the people who claims the area we live in is really rural.

5 comments:

Shea said...

Awww..he is cute :)

mode36 said...

I could think of worse things!  Besides, frozen they could save your life (only true Avatar fans will pick up on that one I guess...oh well)

Tiffany said...

Not complaining about the visit. Just glad I didn't have to return him to the trees. I am embrassing my inner wuss.

M and M said...

Good looking toad! Surprised the kids didn't want to keep it for a pet!

Tiffany said...

My kids would keep a lot of things as pets. Their mom tends to be strict about such things though.