Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Days of School

Monday was Ashley's first day back to school. She was so excited and had a great time as usual. Kindergarten does a staggered start where Mon.-Wed. only a third of the kids come each day and then they all start coming on Thursday. Tuesday was Jon's first day.


Ashley was very helpful with bus procedure and all the rest. Honestly, I am glad that Jon has Ashley as another clue that he has gotten on the right bus. I am also glad he has her to help him settle down on the bus. She takes this job very seriously of course and told her friends this morning that she couldn't sit with them because she had to help her brother. Too cute.


Jon was very excited to ride the bus. It was hard to say how excited he was about the rest of it. He did come home talking about recess and about nap time.



This is Ashley just home from her first day of school. I took the cute morning shots, but the reflective stuff on her backpack (which is great for when she gets on the bus when it is still dark) made nothing but huge glares, so this is the picture I have.

Ashley and Jon waiting for the bus

Getting on the bus. Jon was so excited that he clamored right up there before I could get a good shot. The kid at the top of the stairs is Jon with Ashley right behind him.

Getting off the bus. They were so cute to come running off the bus. I thought I might have to go pull a sleeping Jon off the bus, but he apparently "shut his mouth and closed his eyes" during nap time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jon - I'm sure you were the most handsome of all the kindergarten class!!! And good on Ashley for helping Jon and being such a wonderful big sister!!!! Grandma Linda

megan said...

HOORAY for first days of school! I can't wait to send mine off...i know I am evil. Glad all went well.

mode36 said...

That is a little strange to me that they have nap time during kindergarten, but I guess that's part of the whole full day thing.  I'm glad that he liked his first day of school.  Is he still liking it?

Shea said...

Yay! I love the pictures. I can't believe how big Jon is getting..I know I say that all of the time, but seriously. He is going to break a lot of hearts!

What grade is Ashley in again? I can't remember. I love her skirt..very hip & cute!

Tiffany said...

Let you know after he has had another day. His second day isn't until tomorrow (Thursday).

Tiffany said...

Ash is in 2nd grade. Sorry, I forgot to add that.

M and M said...

Wow, they are getting big! Hope Jon's enthusiasm about school continues!

The Dahlstroms said...

Tiffany, I hope you remember me from CCV! After looking at Shea's blog I stumbled across yours and I can't believe your three beautiful children. How has life been, and what are you and Trent up to?

Kelli

Tiffany said...

Of course I remember. Best swimming partner I ever had among other things. That little boy of yours is beautiful, and you, of course, are as perfect as ever. Very jealous.

As you can see, we are in Virginia. Trent is a JAG officer for the Coast Guard, and we have 3 crazy and wonderful kids. Keep checking back here. It is VERY good to hear from you.