Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Watching the Olympics?

Anyone watching the Olympics? I am not nearly as glued to the screen as I was during the 2002 Salt Lake City games or the 2000 Sydney games, but I have watched it whenever I get a chance. If you did not see the men's 4x100 free relay Sunday, click here. This is definitely a moment of Olympic awesomeness. 5 of the teams finished faster than the world record. The winning team broke that record by almost 4 seconds. Amazing.

Spoiler for anyone who doesn't actually know the outcome of that swim:
There is always a little bit of satisfaction when a certain team claims they are going to smash the competition (that would be the French) and are left a little stunned and speechless at the end.

3 comments:

Shea said...

YES! We are watching them nightly..especially the swimming & gymnastics! I agree about the relay being a moment of Olympic awesomeness!

megan said...

IT WAS GREAT!! I didn't watch it life but watched it yesterday on the internet. Jason did and I was so mad he didn't wake me up. It was AWESOME!!!

mode36 said...

Got to love it when the french "Croak."  Bad frog reference I know, but I just had to!