Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Bit of Summer



Summer, though really not over, is technically over for us. School started today. It seems so odd to me going back to school before the middle of August, but that is how it is here. Yesterday, evening, we made a return trip to Shenandoah National Park. It was fun to drive around and walk around as a family. The weather here has been uncharacteristically and remarkably wonderful. It was a little cool at the park. We hope to find a weekend soon to do some camping, and we are really excited to drive up skyline drive when all of the leaves are changing.
Sunset over the valley

Ashley's imaginative outfit for the trip. She didn't want to risk getting a tick on her.

Jon's imaginative outfit for the trip. This is his makeshift Jack Skellington outfit.

We actually went to the park for the first time a couple of weeks ago. This is Trent and the kids on a small hike. Jon was the leader.

When we went on that hike, we found a lot of huckleberries all over the place. I was super excited. Turns out they are common all over parts of the United States. I thought they were a western thing, which is why I was so surprised and excited to find them in Virginia. It was still fun to find them and to eat a few. It was a reminder of Camp Loll.

4 comments:

Nicole Brown said...

Beautiful pictures!Madison started school today and I am a new woman! I love that I have been able to keep up with you through the blog. Thanks!

Shea said...

Wow..school already?! CRAZY! It looks like you guys had a nice time. I love Ashley's outfit..what about tics on her arms, though?

Tiffany said...

Yes, plenty of opportunity for a tick on her arm, but that didn't factor into her reasoning as she chose the rest of the outfit. She is funny.

Katie said...

You do so many fun, outdoor things! I really wish we lived somewhere where I enjoyed the outdoor recreation a bit more! What a beautiful country we live in.